Since I made my Kale, Quinoa, Apple Salad with Lemon-Parsley Vinaigrette, all I have been thinking about is making another kale salad. This recipe is the result of all that thinking! I feel sooo good after I eat Kale. I want to incorporate it in my diet as much as I can. This is the ultimate raw, vegan lunch or dinner!!
If you like Asian flavors like sesame, ginger, and soy, you’ve gotta try it!
- 1 super packed cup of kale (or cabbage), chopped small
- 1 avocado, chopped
- 1/2 c. fresh orange chunks!!
- 1 T scallions, sliced
- 2 T fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 c. red onion, diced small
- garnish with black sesame seeds
- 1 thin sliver of fresh ginger root, peeled
- 1/2 tsp fresh orange zest
- 1/2 T toasted sesame oil
- 1/2 T soy sauce
- 1/2 T agave nectar or honey
- 1 T fresh orange juice
- 1 tsp tahini (optional)
In a mini food processor, run the ginger through. Add the rest of the dressing ingredients and run until it’s well incorporated.
Add all of the salad ingredients to a large bowl and gently toss in the dressing. Sprinkle black sesame seeds on top.
Serves one (you).