Leila’s Roasted Red Pepper - Goat Cheese Spread
- 12-15 oz plain goat cheese
- 4 oz cream cheese (half stick)
- 1/2 red bell pepper
- 3 garlic cloves
- 3 slices cooked bacon, not crispy, chopped (optional)
- 2 T fresh basil, chiffonade
- salt & white pepper, to taste
*Serve with Crostini or yummy bread
- In the oven, at 425 degrees, roast the bell pepper and garlic in a little olive oil. The bell pepper should be slightly charred, but not mushy. The garlic should be golden & soft.
- Remove the skin from the pepper, dice the pepper and give the garlic a rough chop. Lightly salt and set aside.
- In a food processor, combine goat cheese and cream cheese until soft and creamy. Add bacon, garlic and 1 T bell pepper and a couple dashes white pepper. Puree until well incorporated. Taste, (does it need salt?) add as necessary and puree.