I've been eating this thing since the 6th grade. Get your kids hooked on it, like my mom did.
What you'll need for one sandwich-
- Two slices of your favorite bread, toasted
- Dijon mustard
- Mayo (or vegan substitute)
- 1/2 avocado, sliced
- a couple slices of tomato
- a bunch of fresh, whole basil leaves
- A good squirt of balsamic glaze (balsamic vinegar works too)
Eat it while the bread is still warm from being toasted.
You can find a ready made Balsamic Glaze (reduction) in the vinegar section of your market. It's inexpensive and readily available. You can also make your own by heating the vinegar over the stove until it reduces.